U.S. Citizen may apply for a green-card for her/his foreign national fiancé/e if the following requirements are met:
1. The petitioner is a United States citizen
2. The petitioner and beneficiary (the foreign national) intend to marry within 90 days of the fiancé/e entering the United States with a K-1 visa.
3. The petitioner and beneficiary are free to marry. Any previous marriages for either must have been legally terminated by divorce, annulment or death
4. The petitioner and beneficiary have met (or seen) each other in person within two years of filing the I-129F petition. (There are limited exceptions to this rule.)
Lawful Permanent Resident: A lawful permanent resident cannot apply for a green-card for her/his fiancé/e.
The above information is not legal advice, and should not be construed as such. Please contact an attorney to understand your immigration benefits.
- Family and Individual Immigration Services
- Family-Based Petition
- Naturalization & Certificates
- Individual and Humanitarian Immigration/Removal Defense
- Business Immigration Services